Web Toolbar by Wibiya Awaken Dreams Success Coaching: A 30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 1: 30 Opportunities for Sharing, Learning and Growth

A 30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 1: 30 Opportunities for Sharing, Learning and Growth

by Debi Auger

I joined Natalie Sisson's Blog Challenge that she's holding this month to celebrate the launch of her book The Suitcase Entrepreneur that's getting rave reviews. It really is an AWESOME book - I was lucky to have an advanced copy to read and LOVED it!! So... this is 30 Days of Challenges and I hope you'll enjoy the journey with me here :) If you have a blog and want to participate in the challenge yourself, click here or on the link in the sidebar on the right and you can read all about it.

Here We Go...

Without further ado, because I'm already a bit behind, we're off on the challenge! Yay... I love challenges! 

Day 1 Challenge: "Write a post on why you started your blog, who you wanted to reach, what you wanted it to be all about. Then state why you joined this blog challenge and what you wanted to get out of it."

Why Did I Start This Blog?

I started this blog to get women artisans comfortable with the business part of business. In all honesty aWAEHQn dreams was a happy accident... a really over-the-top, awesome, happy accident. 

Artisans were coming to me with business questions and I enjoyed helping them. What I didn't think about initially was how often I was doing it... until my work on my other businesses wasn't getting done! That's because more and more people came... unbeknownst to me I was becoming "The Artisan's Business Coach." I was just happy when helping others with their businesses so I kept doing it. But of course free is not a business model so I eventually determined I either needed to cut waaaaaaay back on the time I spent coaching or make another business out of it. 

Around the same time, I suffered 2 extremely painful losses and was doing a lot of evaluating and soul-searching. During that process I watched a TED Talks video by Simon Sinek called "How Great Leaders Inspire Action" and it led me to my WHY. It was a powerful revelation when I saw the common thread connecting the past 30 YEARS of my life... that's how long I've been teaching, mentoring and coaching. So actually it was very logical that I was drawn to this and got so much satisfaction from it. 

Tears of absolute joy flowed and the decision was made then and there... another business it is... because coaching is deeply personally fulfilling for me.

Who Am I Trying to Reach?


I deal with life and business together because, when you're an entrepreneur, the two are inextricably intertwined. And, especially if you work from home, they collide daily.

I believe the world deserves to enjoy the amazing and beautiful creations of your talented mind and hands AND that you should be properly compensated for your skills and work.

I absolutely light up with joy when I'm able to help artisan business owners make breakthroughs and see results in their business and life!


I want you to create a lifestyle business that celebrates your talents, values and priorities and is the very essence of what success means to you... and yes, helping you figure that out is part of what I do!

I'm here to challenge you, show you options you don't even know you have, and show you how to play a MUCH bigger game than you think you can play

I want to impact lives. I've changed my life. I want to change your life. Hell, I want to change the world!!

Why Do the Challenge?

I joined this blog challenge because, well, I love a challenge... and I do want to change the world! I also joined so that I can write more often. I'm hoping through that writing, we can get to know each other better and I can inspire you to share and join in the conversations here... and to get lots of teachable moments in over the next 29 days so we can get on with all that life-changing stuff and get you where you deserve to be!

And, Over to You...

Whatd'ya think? Tell me.... what's YOUR why? Why do you do what you do? What's your inspiration? Comment below. I truly want to know :)

Much Success,




_________________________________________________________________________________

30 day challengeI'm writing this post as part of Natalie Sisson's 30 Day Blog Challenge during which I'll follow the path she's laying with inspiration and challenges for daily blog posts. I hope you'll enjoy coming along on this journey and share your own in the comments every day. If you'd like to participate in the challenge on your own blog, just click one of the links here and you'll be taken to the page with all the details. Cheers!




Share your thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something you want to share? Wonderful... I'd love for you to share your thoughts :) Thank you!