Web Toolbar by Wibiya Awaken Dreams Success Coaching: 30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 2: What Would You Do and Who Would You Be?

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 2: What Would You Do and Who Would You Be?

by Debi Auger

Day 2 Challenge: "If you woke up tomorrow and were free to do anything you wanted with your life, what would you do and who would you be?"


What Would I Do?

That's an easy one to answer because if I could do anything I wanted to do, I would do exactly what I'm doing now. It's true. When I told you yesterday that "coaching is deeply personally fulfilling for me" I totally meant it. I Love It! 

I'm a wildly multi-passionate entrepreneur who absolutely cannot choose just one thing... and I'm ok with that. No, actually... I'm more than ok with it, I'm EXCITED beyond measure about it because I get to do *awesome* stuff... and lots of it! There's no feeling like it in the world and I wouldn't change it.

I get to flourish in an oasis of creativity every day... 
          • I get to coach amazing entrepreneurs and help them realize their dreams! ...I'm a whiz with creative business solutions.
          • I get to indulge my creativity with jewelry design and help others by doing it. I have handmade jewelry that helps people celebrate, memorialize loved ones (including pets!) and champion causes. There's also a big philanthropic component to my jewelry business.
          • I get to creatively express my love of Hawaii with a website I'm building in my (not enough of it) spare time.
          • And I get to be digitally creative while helping others fully and authentically express themselves and their businesses online with my new endeavor, Awaken Dreams Graphic Design.

I also get to be a work-at-home Eskie Mom... and Niko loves that! I do, too. It certainly beats all the years I had to leave him for 12+ hours a day when I was at the hospital and on-call! Besides, what business couldn't use a cute, white, fluffy apprentice?


Maybe I'd Like A Little More of Some Things

Ok so I suppose there are some things I would like to have more of...
          • Like everyone else, I'd love to have more hours in a day because I want to do even more awesome stuff.
          • I'd like to have the resources to help more clients because I want every artisan in the world to have the successful lifestyle they dream of.
          • I want more help... that's my real plan to get myself more hours in a day and help more people... to have a whole team of amazing people helping me fulfill that dream so I can help you fulfill yours! See... bet you thought when you read the first 2 things that I was hoping for the impossible, didn't ya? Remember: Creative. Business. Solutions.
          • I'd like more money for my charitable foundation so I can help more soldiers, veterans and military families.

...And A Little Less of Others

I suppose there are things I would like less of, too... 
          • less debt (goal = $0)
          • less health problems - for me and especially my precious Niko
          • less medication for both of us
          • less weight for both of us, too (a 'lovely' side-effect of those medications)
          • less winter/snow (remedy = Hawaii)


So Yes, I Would Change Where I Do What I Do

I love what I do. I'm just working on changing where I do it. Because...
          • I don't like winter.
          • I don't like snow. (That's putting it mildly!)
          • And I don't like Rhode Island... I especially don't like running a business in Rhode Island (trust me... we're not ranked at the bottom of the list of best states to do business in for nothing!)

But, more importantly, I love Hawaii. I feel more at home there than I do here... and I've lived here my whole life. I'm drawn there. I love it there. And, since I now work from home and have much more freedom and time to enjoy my environment than when I was on-duty 80 hours a week, I'm relocating. Well... as soon as Niko's health will allow it. It's all in his fuzzy little paws.


But I Wouldn't Change Who I Am

I'm an Eskie Mom and that's joyfully rewarding! (Eskies are like love covered in fur.)
I'm multi-passionate and that's exciting and challenging.
I'm an INFJ and that (along with a list of other things) makes me a very effective coach.
I'm honest, compassionate, thoughtful and live by the Golden Rule and that makes me a good person.
I'm also passionate, self-motivated and determined enough to be a successful entrepreneur and that's what I was born to be.


So Have I Got What It Takes To Be A Suitcase Entrepreneur?

Yes, Natalie I absolutely do! My goal is not to travel the world quite like you, but I'm definitely building a more location-independent business and packing my suitcase (and a whole lot more!) for Hawaii.

In addition to the aforementioned passion and motivation, I have a gift that goes beyond determination. It's one that has served me very well. I actually had to name it in order to talk to my clients about it so I call it "Inevitability Thinking." 

Inevitability Thinking describes my failure-is-not-an-option, success-is-expected way of approaching things in my life. Success is expected for me by me. I don't much worry about other people's opinions. I don't concern myself with what they think is or isn't possible. Henry Ford once wisely said, "Whether you think you can, or think you can't... you're right" and I wholeheartedly believe that.

So I am continuing my journey toward my perfect lifestyle business while helping my clients define what success means to them and build their own lifestyle businesses that are the essence of that vision of success.


And You?

What would you do? Who would you be? Tell me in the comments below. 

Much Success,







_______________________________________________________________________________

30 day challengeI'm writing this post as part of Natalie Sisson's 30 Day Blog Challenge during which I'll follow the path she's laying with inspiration and challenges for daily blog posts. I hope you'll enjoy coming along on this journey and share your own in the comments every day. If you'd like to participate in the challenge on your own blog, just click one of the links here and you'll be taken to the page with all the details. Cheers!




Share your thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something you want to share? Wonderful... I'd love for you to share your thoughts :) Thank you!