Web Toolbar by Wibiya Awaken Dreams Success Coaching: 30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 3: Freedom in Business and Adventure in Life

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 3: Freedom in Business and Adventure in Life

by Debi Auger

Day 3 Challenge"What's your definition of freedom in business and adventure in life?"

Freedom in Business

Freedom is like success... each person has their own unique definition and vision of what it is, what it looks like and what it feels like. Having experienced both sides of the equation... in a structured job with a hierarchy of other bosses above me, and being the Founder and President of my own company, I truly appreciate the freedom and opportunities available to us in business today.

I love that I am no longer rudely awakened by an alarm clock at 5am... or a pager at 3am demanding a rush drive to the hospital for that matter! I do often work until the wee hours of the morning (case in point... it is 4am), but it's in the comfort of my home, and by choice because it's perfect, quiet time to concentrate and because I'm a night owl. I also have trouble sleeping, but that's another matter and I figure if I'm gonna be up, I might as well be productive!

I've discovered talents I didn't even know I had until I had the time to explore them and just be creative.

I work on my own schedule, whether that's from 10am - 6pm or from 11am - 5pm then again from 12am - 4am. I get to work when I can be most effective and productive... and my hours can be different every day.

I can work wherever I want... in my office, in the living room or on the back deck... or somewhere else entirely. As a matter of fact, when I relocate I'll be working from hotels while I make my way clear across the country from Rhode Island (on the east coast of the US) to California (on the west coast) because it's safer for Niko to travel in my truck than by plane.

Oh yes... another wonderful freedom... Every day is take your dog to work day!

I've custom-designed my business around my passions... that's priceless!

I got to choose my niche and I decide who I work with... or don't. No more working with people who drain my energy, complain all the time or drive me crazy.

I have the freedom to honor my code of ethics and treat my clients and customers properly.

I decide what the priorities are and choose what gets done next, as well as the path the business is forging.

I've erased the words "glass ceiling" from my vocabulary and taken charge of my destiny. I have the freedom of unlimited potential... in earnings, in accomplishments and in the difference I can make in people's lives and in the world, both through my work and my philanthropy. THAT is empowering and THAT is freedom in business.


Adventure in Life

I'm just like most other entrepreneurs... my life and my business are inextricably intertwined, especially because I work from home. And, as with any business or job, for better or worse they do affect your life.

The company I'm building is what's making life adventures possible... adventures I never could have even dreamed of before! The possibilities are literally endless

I love challenges, learning and open-minded thinking so, although some of these things may seem odd to consider adventures, to me they're quite meaningful and exciting.

Deciding to create a Legacy Lifestyle Business means I get to challenge the status quo. I get to say an emphatic "NO" to the delayed gratification idea of retirement and help others do the same.

I get to live anywhere I want to live. For me that happens to involve a logistically challenging 5,000 mile move with my dog to Hawaii. But it means that I'll get to explore my favorite place every day, learn more about it, and adopt a whole new lifestyle and culture; one that feels much more natural to me!

In the process of building my online business, I've been networking and making friends with people all around the world. I dare say that's actually my favorite part of it! 

I can also travel anywhere I want to travel. I have a list of places I'd like to see... and a bunch of those friends I'd like very much to meet in person. But truth be told I haven't traveled much of anywhere for a few years. My hat's off to Natalie because traveling around the world alone is not something I could do. I love following her adventures, but I don't think I'd make it as a Suitcase Entrepreneur! I'll stick to being to an Island Entrepreneur ;-)

The bottom line is, I'm creating my future... and I LOVE that!! My life is a blank canvas and the freedom to design my business and my life makes my whole life an adventure... one I am thoroughly enjoying!



What Are You Creating?

It's your turn. Tell me what freedom in business and adventure in life means to you. What are you creating for yourself with all the opportunities you have in front of you today? Tell me in the comments below.


Much Success,







_______________________________________________________________________________

30 day challengeI'm writing this post as part of Natalie Sisson's 30 Day Blog Challenge during which I'll follow the path she's laying with inspiration and challenges for daily blog posts. I hope you'll enjoy coming along on this journey and share your own in the comments every day. If you'd like to participate in the challenge on your own blog, just click one of the links here and you'll be taken to the page with all the details. Cheers!




Share your thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something you want to share? Wonderful... I'd love for you to share your thoughts :) Thank you!