Web Toolbar by Wibiya Awaken Dreams Success Coaching: You Can't Get Where You're Going If You Don't Know Where That Is! - 30 Day Blog Challenge - Days 4, 5, and 6

You Can't Get Where You're Going If You Don't Know Where That Is! - 30 Day Blog Challenge - Days 4, 5, and 6

by Debi Auger

Day 4 Challenge: "What is your definition of location independence?"

Day 5 Challenge: "What does your perfect day look like?"

Day 6 Challenge: "What are your 3 priorities for the next 30 days that will move you closer towards living life on your own terms?"


Location Independence

I've already achieved a great deal of location independence. I happily work from home and get to spend every day with my dog Niko. I have 2 laptops and a tablet and can work from anywhere inside... or outside... the house.

I plan to take location independence to my perfect level and relocate to Hawaii. I need to deal with a surgery for Niko first and make sure he's ok to go. Once he recovers, I want to give him the opportunity to explore my favorite place and have an island life!


The Value of Knowing Where You're Going

One of the fundamental steps in my coaching is to help you determine what success looks like to you... what you really want, where you want to be, what your perfect life looks like... because we can't get you where you want to go unless you know where that is!

This exercise is fabulous for clarity so, in addition to doing the exercise, I want to share Natalie's video with you.




My Perfect Day

Photo courtesy of elayne001
Yesterday was an absolutely perfect day... one I plan to duplicate many times now that I'm finally here in Hawaii! I woke to the sound of the waves crashing on the shore and energizing rays of sunlight coming in the full-length sliders in our bedroom. Niko was all bright-eyed and smiling because Mommy waking up means a walk on the beach. While we had the beach to ourselves and before the sand got too hot for him, we went for our morning walk up and down the beach, played fetch and enjoyed the fresh air.

Then it was back home for breakfast... another one of his favorite things. Eggs, toast, fresh pineapple and guava juice for me, a breakfast bone for Niko and we're off to the lanai. After taking him for business, it was time to make coffee... one of my favorite things! A huge cup of chocolate macadamia nut coffee and I was ready to work. I grabbed my laptop and we were off to the lanai again. I LOVE sitting out there working while listening to the waves and watching Niko sleep peacefully. Those are the kind of mornings dreams are made of.

I went through my clients' accountability modules and questions, prepared for today's coaching call then did some writing for my my blog and a new program I'm working on. It was such a productive morning! 

After a quick lunch, I jumped in the shower and got dressed. Niko took his afternoon nap in his crate while I went to teach my class. I've managed to secure a classroom at University here for 2 hours every Tuesday afternoon where I teach online business to local artisans so they can get established online and bring their amazing art to the world, giving them reach well beyond the Islands. So far it's been an amazing experience and they love it.

After a beautiful drive along the ocean, a stop at the local store and nice chat with Mr. Makai (the store owner), I was back home and back out on the lanai with Niko. I checked in with my friends on social media. Then it was time to make dinner. Fish, brown rice and green beans... that always gets Niko's attention. He loves fish and green beans! We had a nice quiet, relaxing dinner on the lanai. I'm so glad I chose a house with an enormous covered outdoor space and ocean views because we certainly spend a lot of time out here.

Niko jumped up on the chaise for our new nightly routine... watching the sunset over the ocean. God, I could've stayed out
there all night. He's 15 years old so it means the world to me to have my own business and freedom because I have more time to spend with him every day. We did stay for a bit, then went in to watch Hawaii Five-0 reruns on DVR (my favorite show). He didn't forget our nightly routine of snuggles on the couch before bedtime when we moved here so we still have those too. And that time is precious to me.

He's been so calm and happy since we've been here. And he seems to like falling asleep to the sound of the waves as much as I do. It's such a blessing to be here and have days like that!


Let's Make More of These!

And I've decided I want more of them. So... over the next 30 days, while also preparing for Niko's surgery (prayers appreciated ~ thank you!)...
        • I'm re-branding and re-launching my new coaching business website that will now include a graphic design section and more opportunities to help my clients take ownership and control of their online businesses. 
       • I'm launching my new and improved Create Your Artisan Business Success Plan Program [ Psssst... big hint... follow that link and get on the early bird list for special pricing ;-) ] 
        • And I'm finishing 2 new ebooks... 3 Critical Mistakes Artisans Make When Starting An Online Business and a 'haven't-found-the-perfect-name-yet' marketing one... and there will be a shop on the new website so they can be purchased directly from there!

Today I'm going out with some new friends I've made and they're going to show me some of the best places to take advantage of now that I live here. Aloha!


Much Success,







_______________________________________________________________________________

30 day challengeI'm writing this post as part of Natalie Sisson's 30 Day Blog Challenge during which I'll follow the path she's laying with inspiration and challenges for daily blog posts. I hope you'll enjoy coming along on this journey and share your own in the comments every day. If you'd like to participate in the challenge on your own blog, just click one of the links here and you'll be taken to the page with all the details. Cheers!




Share your thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something you want to share? Wonderful... I'd love for you to share your thoughts :) Thank you!