Web Toolbar by Wibiya Awaken Dreams Success Coaching: You Need An Inspired Team to Change the World - Blog Challenge Day 16

You Need An Inspired Team to Change the World - Blog Challenge Day 16

by Debi Auger

Day 16 Challenge"How will you build a team around your vision and work smart instead of hard?"


I Want to Change the World

My vision is for a better world of happy people doing work that truly fulfills them and being paid what they deserve for it. I want to start a movement of women entrepreneurs (artisans and creatives are my personal peeps) taking over the world and fixing the world economy all while living the fulfilled life of their dreams... whatever those dreams may be.

I want to help you build a lifestyle business that gives you everything you need and makes you happy to the bottom of your soul.


My World-Changing Team

I plan to get a whole team of people on board who also believe in my vision. 

See, I own a corporation, but I want to break the old corporate mold. I want to prove to the world that you can run a wildly successful company and still put your employees and customers first AND that by putting them first, you actually have a stronger, more sustainable company in the long run. And you can use the profits from that company to do great things.

I think it's going to take a woman to do it. Not a woman who's trying to keep up with all the corporate males in their expensive suits; or all the egotistical, bullshit-spouting online marketers who want you to believe you can buy a magic formula to make millions without doing real work. But a woman who isn't afraid to be herself, buck the status quo and do things her way... even if that means flip-flops are office attire. I'm that kind of woman. And THAT is my mission.

I have the corporation and I'm working on the charitable foundation, but I can't succeed in this endeavor alone. I need to be smart... which means I need a team... great visions of this magnitude cannot be achieved by one person. I need an inspired team that believes in what I want to accomplish.

I think it's up to me to inspire and lead my team. Uninspired employees just working for a paycheck will do as little as possible. Inspired team members, passionate about their mission, included in the process and encouraged to step up and be involved will give you blood, sweat and tears. That's the kind of team I want to build. And, for their efforts, I want to reward them by giving them the pay and benefits they deserve, and plenty of time with their families. 

I plan to run a very different company. A company on my terms. A company that will not go public, have an IPO and flush its values down the toilet in the process. Nope. My company's only debt is owed to me... and I intend it to stay that way. I don't need investors and shareholders thinking they have the right to place expectations on me or make me compromise my mission and values. It will remain privately owned and the only shareholders will be the carefully selected members of the board. 



How I Plan To Do This

So far, I have one of those members selected... my Mom. She's getting ready to retire and has started doing my bookkeeping. That's my way of helping her retire. She'll work part-time doing my bookkeeping and be company Treasurer. That gives me the ability to fund the retirement my parents deserve, pay their health insurance and let them travel the world or anything else they want to do.

I could really use someone here in person with me full-time, but have not been able to do that. I don't have the space and, since I'll be relocating 5,000 miles away, that person would then be without a job. So that has to wait. 

A virtual team is next on my agenda because I'm in serious need of help even if I don't yet have the space. So I'll build my virtual team now and then build my 'boots on the ground' team once I'm in Hawaii.


My Other Ways to Work Smart, Not Hard

In order to even attempt to accomplish all the things I need to do every day, I need the help of my systems and tools. I'm slightly obsessed with online tools. Ok, really obsessed with them. I have to be because, without an on-site team, it's the only way I can do all the things I do. 

Since I'm behind in this blog challenge, I know we're going to talk about tools on Day 20. So I'll gather up some goodies for you!


How You Can Put the Power of Outsourcing to Work for You in Your Business

One thing that I hear across the board from artisans and creatives is that you don't like the business part of business. You don't understand it. You don't want to do it. You don't have time for it. 

A very common statement I hear is "I don't have time for marketing." It's so prevalent as a matter of fact that I have another blog post about this almost finished. So I'll put my soap box on the shelf until then.

Suffice to say that marketing is a must do. Non-negotiable. Will not sell your thing into oblivion without doing it. Period.

However, I want to give you some food for thought here that will give you some incentive...

If you really want your business to succeed, you MUST get out of the workshop and make time for marketing. 

Then, once you're making enough money (which you will NOT do without marketing), you can hire people to do all the things you don't like/want to do in your business. 

But for now, someone has to do it. And if you are your business, you are the marketer (and the maker, and the bookkeeper, and the order processor, and the cleaning crew... I get it). Delayed gratification is a bitch. I know. But those are the facts.

More on this later.

For now, tell me how you will work smart, not hard in your business in the comments below...



Much Success,






_______________________________________________________________________________


30 day challengeI'm writing this post as part of Natalie Sisson's 30 Day Blog Challenge during which I'll follow the path she's laying with inspiration and challenges for daily blog posts. I hope you'll enjoy coming along on this journey and share your own in the comments every day. If you'd like to participate in the challenge on your own blog, just click one of the links here and you'll be taken to the page with all the details. 




Share your thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something you want to share? Wonderful... I'd love for you to share your thoughts :) Thank you!